Overview : Willow Grove Park and Boat Ramp on Lake Lewisville is located on the east end of Hundley Drive. On I-35 take Exit 458 and turn right on Hundley Drive to the lake park. See map below for details.
Willow Grove Park offers 1 privately owned boat ramp and a large parking area. There is also picnic tables, a playground, portable restrooms, lots of campsites and a fishing pier. Willow Grove Park and Boat Ramp has fees for parking and use of the boat ramp.
- Directions : On I-35 take Exit 458 and turn right on Hundley Drive to the lake park.
- Availability : Open all year
- Ownership : City of Lake Dallas (940) 497-2226 *Option 3*
- Fees : Yes. Boat ramp permit fee is $10.00.
- Boat Launches : Privately owned boat ramp is available for launching boats, but a permit from Lakeview Marina is required (the City and Lakeview Marina are not affiliated). Permits are available from Lakeview Marina located on Marina Drive adjacent to Willow Grove Park from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Mondays through Saturdays. Permit fee is $10.00.
- Parking : Large public parking area (handicap accessible)
- Picnic Facilites : Picnic tables and benches
- Playground : Kid-friendly playground
- Swim Area : No
- Restrooms : Portable restrooms
- Camping : Willow Grove Park has 15 RV campsites furnished with water and electrical hook-ups (20, 30 or 50 amps) and unlimited primitive camping areas. There is also a dump station. Campsites can accommodate up to a 40′ trailer. Primitive sites are $11 per night. RV sites are $20 per night with a refundable key deposit of $15. Notice: There is a 3% fee added to these amounts automatically to process all credit cards. A Senior discount is also available to those who show a National Park Service Senior Pass. Those who present a TACO Texas Saver’s Card receive 10% off the nightly rate.
Reservation & Camping Methods: Camping permits and keys for RV campsites must be picked up at Lake Dallas City Hall. Campsites will not be reserved until payment has been received. Call 940-497-2226 *Option 3* for campsite availability. The following are acceptable methods of payment: 1. PayPal 2. Cash, Check, or Visa/MasterCard payments in person: must be completed within Lake Dallas City Hall’s normal business hours. Monday – Friday 8:30 – 5:00 p.m. The Police Department is unable to accept payments or issue permits for camping.
- Cabins : No
- Showers : No
- Boat Marina : No
- Fishing Facilities : Fishing Pier
- Hiking Trails : Multi-use trail: The one-mile concrete trail is perfect for walking, jogging or biking and showcases the beautiful nature and lake-side views throughout the lake park.
- Golf Course : No
- Other : Here are some lake park rules:
- No violation of the law, particularly assaultive or disruptive offenses.
- No one under the age of 18 years may rent a campsite. Persons under the age of 18 years must have an adult on site at all times.
- An adult must accompany each 10 person group under 18 years of age.
- No more than 2 camping units are allowed per site.
- Campsites are limited to 10 people per campsite, including visitors.
- All unregistered campsite visitors must leave by midnight.
- Camping at one or more campsites at Willow Grove Park longer than 14 days in a 30-day period is prohibited.
- Quiet hours will be maintained in the park from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. Music, noise, loud parties, or any nuisance occurring after 10:00 p.m. is strictly prohibited.
- Gathering of firewood is prohibited.
- Campfires shall be confined to the grill or fire ring provided at each site. Fires shall not be left unattended. Fires must be completely extinguished when left unattended. Campfires can only be made on days that have been declared “Burn Days” by Denton County.
- Open dumping of gray or black water from RVs is strictly prohibited in the park. All wastewater shall be kept in appropriate holding tanks while in the park.
- All pets must be on a leash. Pets may be tied to a lead within the campsite as long as the lead does not allow the pet to stray beyond the boundary of the campsite or within 10 feet of a roadway. Pet waste must be collected and properly disposed of by persons in control of the pets.
- Off-road vehicles are prohibited. No off road driving with any motorized vehicle of any type.
- Speed limit throughout the park is 15 mph. Traffic fines double in the park.
- Possession of firearms, ammunition, firing devices or fireworks is prohibited.
- Alcoholic consumption is allowed only in your campsite or picnic site. Open consumption of any alcoholic beverage, especially within 15 feet of a roadway, is strictly prohibited.
- Glass containers are prohibited.
- No dumping of any kind or discarding of trash anywhere except in the appropriate containers provided.
- No playing of any sport that requires the hitting of any ball with a bat, club or any device except on a field of play specifically intended and authorized for the purpose. (i.e. baseball field)
- No motorized vehicles on the walking trail(s). The walking trail(s) is/are for walkers, joggers, and bicyclists only. Roller skates of any type are allowed on the walking trail, but only on the concrete portion of the trail.
- No motorized toys, including hobby boats and airplanes of any kind except for City sanctioned events.
Willow Grove Park and Boat Ramp also has a baseball field. For reservations, Willow Grove park accepts cash, credit cards, paypal or checks with a Texas address.
More Information : The City of Lake Dallas is not responsible for any loss or damage to property or any injury to persons that may occur during the occupancy of a campground or stay in the park.
The City of Lake Dallas does not provide refunds for stays that have already occurred unless a campground related problem existed that could not be fixed or resolved and negatively impacted the camper’s stay. In that event, consideration is given on a case-by-case basis. Refunds for future reservations must be cancelled 48 hours prior to the first scheduled day in order to qualify for a refund for camping fees. Refunds for future reservations that have been cancelled when no problem existed shall be one-half of the original reservation fees paid. No exceptions. All refunds, including key deposits, shall be processed in accordance with the City’s finance policies and procedures and will be mailed to a confirmed address given at the time of reservation/check-in.
City Rights and Privileges:
The City of Lake Dallas, through it’s officers and agents, reserves the right to eject persons from the park, revoke permits and/or terminate reservations when guests engage in inappropriate behavior or violate laws, rules and regulations. In the event of the forgoing, the refund policy shall apply except that fees and all deposits for stays that have occurred in whole or in part shall be forfeited. When it becomes necessary to enforce rules and laws to ensure the tranquility of the park, enforcement shall be by citations and/or arrests as deemed necessary by officers of the Lake Dallas Police Department.